Skip to content
Artwork for Beyond The Horizon
Beyond The Horizon · Today · 14 min

Utah's Response To Tyler Robinson In Support Of Bind Over (Part 2) (8/19/26)

Utah prosecutors pushed back aggressively against Tyler Robinson’s attempt to weaken the capital case against him, arguing that the evidence presented at his preliminary hearing was more than enough to send him to trial on every charge. Robinson’s attorneys had asked Judge Tony Graf to eliminate the aggravating circumstance that could make him eligible for the death penalty, contending that prosecutors had not established that the shooting of Charlie Kirk created a great risk of death to anyone besides Kirk himself. Prosecutors rejected that argument, saying Robinson allegedly fired a high-powered rifle toward an event attended by thousands of people and that several individuals near Kirk were within the potential zone of danger. The state maintained that the evidence easily cleared the probable-cause threshold and argued that the aggravating factor could ultimately be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecutors also defended the broader case against Robinson, pointing to evidence they said connected him to the rooftop firing position, the rifle that was later hidden in a wooded area, discarded clothing and messages with his roommate concerning the shooting. They accused the defense of relying on legal precedent that had subsequently been rejected by the Utah Supreme Court without informing the judge of those later rulings, calling the omission a violation of the defense’s duty of candor. The state additionally defended the witness-tampering allegation involving Robinson’s roommate and argued that evidence supported the accusation that Kirk had been targeted because of his political expression, including an engraved cartridge recovered during the investigation. Judge Graf was expected to rule at a September 1 hearing on whether sufficient probable cause existed to send Robinson to trial, while Robinson had still not entered a plea. to contact me: bobbycapucci@protonmail.com source: Utah prosecutors push to send Tyler Robinson to trial on all charges | Fox News

0:00-14:50

transcript

No transcript — this publisher did not publish one.

show notes

Utah prosecutors pushed back aggressively against Tyler Robinson’s attempt to weaken the capital case against him, arguing that the evidence presented at his preliminary hearing was more than enough to send him to trial on every charge. Robinson’s attorneys had asked Judge Tony Graf to eliminate the aggravating circumstance that could make him eligible for the death penalty, contending that prosecutors had not established that the shooting of Charlie Kirk created a great risk of death to anyone besides Kirk himself. Prosecutors rejected that argument, saying Robinson allegedly fired a high-powered rifle toward an event attended by thousands of people and that several individuals near Kirk were within the potential zone of danger. The state maintained that the evidence easily cleared the probable-cause threshold and argued that the aggravating factor could ultimately be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Prosecutors also defended the broader case against Robinson, pointing to evidence they said connected him to the rooftop firing position, the rifle that was later hidden in a wooded area, discarded clothing and messages with his roommate concerning the shooting. They accused the defense of relying on legal precedent that had subsequently been rejected by the Utah Supreme Court without informing the judge of those later rulings, calling the omission a violation of the defense’s duty of candor. The state additionally defended the witness-tampering allegation involving Robinson’s roommate and argued that evidence supported the accusation that Kirk had been targeted because of his political expression, including an engraved cartridge recovered during the investigation. Judge Graf was expected to rule at a September 1 hearing on whether sufficient probable cause existed to send Robinson to trial, while Robinson had still not entered a plea.



to contact me:

bobbycapucci@protonmail.com



source:

Utah prosecutors push to send Tyler Robinson to trial on all charges | Fox News
links1